Statement of Continuing Objectives
- The American Beekeeping Federation will work diligently through the self-policing program funded by the Honey Defense Fund to stop adulteration of honey and urges all its members to help in the fight against adulteration.
- The members of the American Beekeeping Federation shall foster the best possible relations with the general public and conduct their beekeeping operations to minimize the unnecessary exposure of the public to honey bees.
- The members of the American Beekeeping Federation shall maintain the highest standards in their honey production and handling facilities and shall use only approved compounds, as labeled, to avoid the introduction of contaminants into honey in the hive or during collection, processing and packaging.
- The American Beekeeping Federation will cooperate with any other organizations when it is deemed that such cooperation will further the goals of the American Beekeeping Federation.
- The American Beekeeping Federation, supports the adoption of policies by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, state agriculture departments, counties and weed control districts to encourage planting of legumes on set aside and marginal farm land, lands subject to erosion, and lands for wildlife habitat.
- The American Beekeeping Federation will work to maintain and expand its honey promotion efforts through its support of the American Honey Queen Program and the National Honey Board.
- The American Beekeeping Federation urges its membership to support legislative efforts by providing financial assistance, whenever possible, to the Legislative Fund and by keeping their Congressional representatives apprised of the legislative issues of the beekeeping industry.