ABF "Friends of the Bee" Fund
Bee-friend the Honey Bee!
Looking for the perfect way to honor a friend or family member while helping to protect and preserve one of nature's finest? Why not make a donation in his or her name to the ABF Friends of the Bee fund?
The Mission of the Friends of the Bee is a fund established by the American Beekeeping Federation for the purpose of raising funds from the general public as well as beekeepers throughout the world. It will utilize funds for the purpose of education, honey bee health and research into issues that have a detrimental effect on honey bees and beekeepers.
Our values are:
- It is vitally important that we seek to provide answers to challenges that are causing an unsustainable loss of managed colonies each year.
- The honey bee is facing more difficulty today than at any time in its history here in the U.S. A decrease in habitat for forage, adverse agricultural practices, disease, pests and ever increasing use of pesticides in their foraging areas are all contributing factors which affect honey bee health.
- It is in the best interest of the industry to continue to inform the public of the importance of the honey bee and its economic impact on our food system.
- It is the intention of the Friends of the Bee to provide funding for educational programs as well as small research projects that may not be considered under other programs. The projects could come from beekeepers, who may not be scientists, but would like to do small research projects under the supervision of the research committee. The research committee will continually seek out qualified bee researchers who are able to quantify proposed research projects and provide direction for proper evaluation of all approved projects.
- The Friends of the Bee will be directed by the ABF board of directors and all decisions made regarding the spending of funds or rewarding of grants for research will ultimately be approved by the ABF board of directors.
With your generous donation you can help protect the honey bee habitat, aid in the fight against Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), encourage government-sponsored research, assist in the battle against adulterated honey in the marketplace and help ensure the continued role of the honey bee in pollinating 1/3 of our food supply.
Support the world's most beneficial insect and become a friend of the bee with your donation of $25, $50 or $100. Donate today and receive a stylish ABF Friends of the Bee bumper stickerâ€¦and help us tip the balance back in favor of the honey bee. Click here to download the donation form or contact the ABF at 404.760.2875 for assistance.
Click here to donate online and become a friend of the bee.